8: Forward Block and INA
v Forward Block: Subash Chandra Bose felt a urgent need of ‘left-wing’ party in congress so he formed Forward Block in 1939.
· Objectives :
· Liberation of India with support of workers, peasants, youth and other organisations.
· Establishment of socialist state through:-
1. To organise agriculture and industries on socialist lines.
2. Abolition of Zamindari system
3. Introduction of new monetary and credit system.
v Indian National Army (INA) : Rashbehari Ghose gave a definite shape to IIL (Indian Independence League). Idea of Indian National Army (INA) was concived by Mohan Singh. – [TB]
· Tokyo Conference: Their was a meeting at Tokyo, Japan in 1942. Following decisions were taken :
o To expand and strengthen the Indian Independence League
o Formation of INA under the command of Indian Independence League for liberation of India.
o To hold conference at Bangkok to consolidate these decisions.
· Bangkok Conference: Many resolutions were passed such as :
o Election of Rashbehari Ghose as the presient of Council.
o Invitation to Subash Chandra Bose to come from Europe to lead this movement.
o Appointment of Mohan Singh as Commander-in-Chief of the INA (Indian National Army).
· Objectives of INA :-
o To organise armed revolution and to fight British with modern arms.
o Total mobilisation of manpower and money for a total war
o Its motto was ‘Unity, Faith , Sacrifice’.
· Contribution of INA :-
o It inspired the uprising in the armed forces of Country.
o INA undermined the very security of British in India.
v Contrbution of Subash Chandra Bose :
1. He renamed Andaman and Nicobar Island to Saheed and Swaraj Islands.
2. He gave battle cries like – ‘Delhi Chalo’ and ‘Jai Hind’.
3. He brought the left-wing in congress under one banner and formed Forward Bloc.
4. He organised woman brigrade – “Rani Jhasi Brigade” and children brigade – “Balsenadal” under INA.
5. Leadership of INA.